Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Irish Man of the Year 2011

It was Mike's day. The Saint Patrick's Day parade and he was the Irish Man of the Year. He was voted into this wonderful honor by the Sons of Saint Patrick. We had a blast. I enjoyed watching Mike having so much fun! We started the day with the costume! I got to spray the hair! Gorgeous!Once Mike was all dressed up we headed for an early morning rendezvous with all the dignitaries in the parade. Coffee, tea, Irish coffee!
The grand marshall of the parade was Patty Duke. If you are old enough you will know who she is. Wonderful and friendly lady. She is with Tim here in this picture. Tim kept things rolling.
Patty Duke just got her Irish sash! Look closely at her dog to the right of the picture. Huge!
Irish Man of the Year got a sash too.
I had to go out and buy some green clothes. Didn't have any!
This was our ride to the parade! All the dignitaries rode in this!
There he is in all his glory!
Inside the limo! It has been a long time since I have been in a limo!

This is Eastern Washington University's trophy for being National Champs in football. The Irishman of the right is one of the coaches.
Nice glasses.
The highlight of Mike's day! Getting to pass out candy to the kids along the parade route. He is getting his stash here.
WOW!
Mike even got online to listen to Irish accents and he practiced and practiced. He did pretty good!
Candy in his bag ready to go even if we did still have 45 minutes before the parade started. He was happy because he had the candy!
The line up of dignitary cars.
This wasn't one of them. The man on the right Mr. Cannon nominated Mike for Irish Man of the Year!
Others that were in the parade!



So sweet! I was so excited I saw this gang! Love them!
Mike grabbed everyone around him for pictures. I could tell he was excited.



Even a gorilla!

Former students! So grown up!
Off he goes! He never rode in the car. I did! He walked!
Passing out the goods!

Lots of green in the crowd!

People kept asking me where Mike was because he was never by the car. I had to point to him. There he is! Passing out candy.
The parade was over and we were hungry. We ate lunch and then met some of Mike's work friends at Jack and Dan's!
What a great day. So fun to watch Mike enjoy the day! You can tell by his smile he had a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will he be running again for 2012? I think we should start campaigning now!! Looks like fun!!