Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Early Birthday Celebrations

Seems like we never get to celebrate Kristin's birthday. Mike's sometimes slides by too because it is on Halloween. This year I wanted to make sure we celebrated the day God brought them into this world. So an early birthday celebration was in order! I planned to run up to Kristin's and get Layne so we could spend the day together getting ready for the celebration. Layne found a huge card for Grandpa Mike. She is getting so grown up. She drew hearts and flowers on the card and signed her name and Lucy's. After we got all the cards taken care of we made some apple crisp. She really did help!!
She said cleaning up was fun. I told her when she gets older it might not be as much fun so enjoy it now!
Grandpa Mike came home and the two of them raided the garden. Layne loves veggies! She ate that green pepper and wanted more!
Then it was the pumpkin carving. I left that to Mike this year. Yes, we are early with the carving but I wasn't sure when we could do it so we carved away. If you read my blog much you might remember that last year Layne made icky soup out of the guts of the pumpkin. She loved it because Grandpa Mike ate some of her icky soup. She was expecting the same this year and she wasn't disappointed.


Here it is! Icky soup. Mike took a taste and told Layne that if she tasted it he would taste more. That ended the tasting of the icky soup!


Two artists at work!

Here it is glowing in the darkness! The finished product.
Lucy, Kristin and Justin came over later for dinner! A nice fall dinner! Chili, corn bread, apple crisp with vanilla ice cream.


As I was posting these pictures I noticed I didn't get any pictures of the birthday girl Kristin! Sorry Kristin! We sang, opened cards and presents! Fun family times are the best. Happy Birthday Mike and Kristin! You are loved! Thanks for all your help Layne!

No comments: