Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Koman Race for the Cure

Today was the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure Run/Walk. As usual we had runners and walkers in our group. Here we are ready to go! Lost and found and ready to roll!
A beautiful spring day in Spokane! There were booths with goodies to have and some booths were selling things before the race.
Everyone was feeling pretty festive. There were a lot of costumes. Even strollers were decorated.
Cheryl and Deanna!
And Terri and Sheila!
Pretty sure this was a plan your race strategy conversation. Actually Deanna was the only one that had a strategy. Or should I say she was the only one able to carry her strategy out. She wanted to beat last year's time. She did it too. 26 minutes and ??? seconds. Fast!
AHHHH! Beautiful!
Little Angels!

Here are the runners, Brenda and Deanna. Cheryl was missing from the runner picture because of a knee injury.
And the walkers!
There were a lot of people this year raising money for cancer research! Over 8,000 people.
Breast cancer survivors all had pink balloons.
Before the race started on cue they let go of their balloons.
It is pretty emotional to see all those balloons floating off to the heavens.

And away they go! This year it was even more emotional for me because my mom died from cancer.
This was the way to travel! The going was pretty slow because there were so many people trying to make their way down one street in downtown Spokane.
We saw some students a long the way!
I got separated from my team. Or should I say I stopped paying attention and I lost them. Sorry girls! We all managed to make it to the finish line. I did some creative walking trying to find the gang. Might have taken a little short cut! Might have!
More friends!
AHHH! Starbucks again.



Another fun day with the workout group! We need a name! For the walkers it was a little frustrating because we couldn't walk fast like we like to. It was for a great cause so we had to do some attitude adjusting and just enjoy the stroll. Always a good time when you have friends around you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey great blog! It was great to see you today, too short though! I will have to come crash some of your workouts...riding the Hiawatha for instance! Take care and have a great rest of the school year! :) Brenda

Lauren said...

Those little angel girls are so cute! Thanks for sharing. I love reading your posts!