Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sleep Over!

There isn't anything better than the grand kids to keep you smiling!!! I got to hear from Ryland a couple times this weekend. He had his first soccer game on Saturday and he called and told me he kicked the ball really hard and scored a goal! He also called to tell me that he saw a dormant volcano. Really! That is what he said. He just turned three this month! He knew that a dormant volcano was a sleeping volcano. Smart! His sweet little voice is so awesome to hear on the phone. Another treat was Layne spending the night on Friday night. Special times.
We got home about 7 PM and watched Nemo. Then it was time to head for bed. Teeth brushing is a big deal to little ones. The whole bedtime routine is pretty special. Snuggling in your jammies, brushing your teeth, reading books (we read about Moses), that last drink of water...
And showing off your pearly whites!
Last but not least crawling into bed with your blankie! Sometimes I wish I still had one! :)
Then nodding off to sleep. Is there anything in the world that looks more peaceful than a little one asleep!
Then Saturday! Layne woke up to Grandpa's blueberry pancakes and scrambled eggs. She loved the pancakes and said her dad still makes the best eggs ever! After breakfast I had promised some pumpkin carving!
Layne jumped right in and helped with cleaning out the guts of the pumpkin!The guts of the pumpkin soon became more interesting than the pumpkin itself. While I did the carving Layne added some water to the insides of the pumpkin and started stirring "icky"soup. She stirred and stirred. We both took pretend tastes of her creation.
Then grandpa came along...
There was no pretending for grandpa. He really took several bites of "icky" soup! Layne and I couldn't even imagine. What a great grandpa!

After the "icky" soup was finished we met Kristin, Justin and Lucy at the soccer field. Layne had a game! Can't resist taking pictures of Lucy! She is such a happy girl!





Layne missed her sister!

Mike and I loved the time with Layne! Mike mentioned that he wished all the grand kids were close by! Me too! Who knows what the future holds but we love them all! Who knew being grandparents would be the coolest thing ever!

No comments: