Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Why Stay Home and Watch Football When There is a DVR

I know, I know. The Saints and Kurt Warner were playing today. I was cheering for the Saints all the way. Kurt has had his chance at the Super Bowl. I figured the Saints didn't need me in their quest so off to the ski hill I went! Deanna went with me thankfully. Great to have company! Here is my attempt at the self portrait!Ah, but soon we saw some familiar faces. Layne, Kristin, Justin and Layne's cousin Jackson.
Watching Kristin and Justin get the two kids ready to ski reminded me of how nice it is to put ski boots on and go!
Layne was helping? by putting Jackson's hood way up over his head!
Deanna was thinking it had been 30 ish years since she had skied. You would never have know it. She did great. There was one minor mishap on the first ride up the chair lift. What is wrong with this picture?
Next ride up went better! Deanna was able to get off the chair with both skis and she didn't have to wait for the person 3 chairs behind us to deliver her ski so she could start skiing. Minor event considering the time between ski days!
She looks like a pro!
While our friends and family dealt with dreary, clouding skies in Spokane we got to see some sun. Here are the first rays breaking through the clouds!
It only got better as the day went on!

Lunch time and Layne was still enjoying the day.

Really do you think the Lathrops got enough ketchup to go with those fries???
Ah the silly face picture. Gotta have one! Aren't they cute!
It was a nice relaxing day on the hill. Great to be outside in God's creation. AND the Saints managed a win without me watching. I knew they could do it. Now I need to go watch some of the highlights on the DVR. The best of both worlds!

No comments: