Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Eve 2009

New Year's Eve is always a bit of a dilemma. Not into the big party scene but don't really want to just sit around home and do no celebrating. We have filled New Year's Eve in many ways over the years but this New Year's Eve was one of the best! Keri and Mark invited us to go to the Gonzaga basketball game. Mark did the public address announcing while we watched the game from court level! Neat! I grabbed Spike for a picture right away! Let me tell you Spike needs to get his uniform cleaned! Many odors coming from that thing when you are up close! Marks parents Steve and Jennifer were part of the group!
This game had a Ronald McDonald theme. The game was a fundraiser for the Ronald McDonald house. Good cause for sure! Easton was not impressed by this guy. Not afraid but he seemed to be wondering, "Why the get up buddy?"
Keri, Easton, Ryland and me!
Papa Mike and Easton. Easton stayed up for the whole game. Keri was hoping he would sleep but there was just too much going on!
Everyone got a t-shirt and a towel to twirl! Every seat had both! Pretty fun! Ryland found another purpose for the towel.
Ryland loves his mom. I love her too! She is pretty lovable!
Here go the twirling towels! Go Zags!
Look closely at this picture. At half time Mike and I went to get a pretzel at the snack bar. It was taking forever so I told Mike to go back and watch the game and I would get the pretzels. I got back just in the nick of time. I sat down and looked up at the game and CRASH! The backboard shattered because a player hung on the hoop. (the OTHER team)That set things back a bit. They had to clean up all the glass and replace the backboard. That was a sight to see for sure.
The action resumed but before it did each team got an eight minute warm-up!
Action shots! The Zags won the game convincingly! Oh, they played the Oklahoma Sooners.
Fun times were had by all. Keri and Mark got to spend the night at the Davenport after the game was over. Jennifer and Steve kept Ryland and Easton. Mike and I went home. We made a quick visit to the neighbors. They had a fire roaring in their backyard. We visited around the toasty fire. I came home and went to bed knowing I wanted to get up early for skiing. Mike rung in the New Year at the neighbors! Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: