Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1st 2010

We woke up to rain on New Year's Day. WHAT! I have been sick most of my break and I am finally going skiing and there is rain???? Surely it is snowing on the mountain. I was going no matter what! It was a slushy mess on the way up to 49 Degrees North! Mike and I kept waiting for the snow!Bare roads not good!
As we turned into the little town of Chewelah we found it! Snow! Whew!
I could not wait to get going but I had to pose for a blog picture with the moose! I just love the lodge at 49! Still rustic and kind of old!
Mike looks happy and excited to get going doesn't he! I just love him.
Well, here he is sailing down the mountain!
It was a foggy day and the first run was through thick heavy powder or crud! We both thought it was going to be a tough day of skiing. Put after a run or two the snow got a little packed down and it was nice.
Pretty isn't it! I feel so much peace when I am up in the snowy mountains. Not any place I would rather be. I have often said that this must be what heaven is like with the exception of one thing. Not cold. Who knows?
Here is Mike riding up the chair with me. Do you think he ever gets tired of the picture taking?
Layne and Kristin were up skiing too. Kristin has always been a tree skier. Look closely and you will see Kristin teaching Layne how to maneuver in the trees!
Here they are again! Like mother like daughter.
Lunch time. Jason (Kristin's brother-in-law) and his sweet girlfriend Elaina were up skiing along with Kristin's sister-in-law and life long friend Brande! I think Elaina took about 5 pictures of us before we got one we sort of liked!
Jason is such a nice uncle. He sent Kristin off skiing and he took Layne up skiing after lunch. It takes a village you know. Took Jason and Elaina together to get Layne ready to go again! Elaina would not let me take her picture but I will get her one of these days.
We took a few runs after lunch! It was really wet and Mike's ski clothes were getting saturated. I wasn't quite ready to be done so I took one last run by myself. Surprise I got the camera out on the way up the chair. It had been snowing off and on during the day but it was raining now. I tried to take a picture of myself on the chair. My arms aren't quite long enough but you get the idea of how wet it was. About half way up the chair the rain turned to snow. It was a great run. I just love no stop runs from the top to the bottom of the hill. They make me giggle right out loud!
It was a good day. A happy day! You don't see this often in the winter here in Spokane, WA. A sign from God.

No comments: