Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday in Spokane

Well, today started with a project. Katie and I were testing our communication skills. We put together a shelving unit I bought Mike. Of course it wasn't as simple as just putting it together. We had to make a place for it in the garage. That was the challenge. Mike cleared out a few things and then the assembly got started. I lucked out on this project. Katie had helped a friend put the very same shelving unit together so she knocked it out in no time. Katie had to leave before we got the last unit done but I had no problem finishing. Then I decided to get some organizing done in the garage. That is no easy task when most of the stuff is used by your hubby. I picked up a bag of cement or tried to. It had been in the garage so long it was hardened but I didn't know that. Crash, right on my big toe! OUCH!! It is still throbbing. It was getting sort of cool in the garage so I took a glance at the clouds outside and they were getting black. Soon I heard thunder and it started to rain. Then...check these pictures out. Serious hail. I was trapped in the garage! Just kidding. I did get the garage a little more organized after I was done watching the hail. I can get my car in there now. The rest of the day was pretty ordinary. We had rain off and on with some thunder and lightening too. Mike and I planned to go to the Spokane Indians game in the evening and we were beginning to wonder if there would be a game. The game was rain free. We stayed for every minute of the ball game. As the skies started clearing we were treated to one of God's promises! Check this out! If you have never been to a Spokane Indians game let me tell you there is a lot of activity between innings. Lots of contests. Tonight there was a puzzle building contest, a golf ball chipping contest, and a remote car contest! Oh yes, it was rally towel night too. Click on the video to see the towels in action.
This lady didn't let all the activity distract her. She kept score the whole game. She loves baseball you can tell!This is the guy I sat next too. He was a wild man but that is why I love him. Never a dull moment.There are even things to do on the concourse at the stadium. You can test your throwing arm or do a little shopping. If you throw the fastest in your age group at the pitching area you win a ticket to an Indians game. "The girls" did that a lot when they were younger and won a lot of tickets. There was no prize for being the best shopper. Darn! Oh yes, there was a baseball game to watch too. The Indians won 7 to 6!Mike and I both have good memories at this ball park. Of course, this is where we had Keri and Mark's engagement party. What a great place for a party. We were able to play softball and BBQ thanks to Mark's brother-in-law. Mike played baseball in high school at this field in the city championships. This is what he shared with me tonight. There were two outs, bases were loaded and Mike hit a triple off the right center field wall to clear the bases and win the game. That had to be very exciting. Wish I would have seen it. My memories are of taking "the girls" to the Indians games when they were young. They all took their gloves just in case they had the opportunity to catch a fly ball. They watched every foul ball!!! After the game they would lean over the Indians dugout and get players to autograph their gloves! Fun! I really love going to baseball games. Tonight when we sang, "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" and we got to the line that says, "I don't care if I ever get back" I thought that is the truth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to go to a Spokane Indians game!!

Anonymous said...

fun jackie! We went to a baseball game too, friday night, with friends ... Lansing Lugnuts. We have name that tune, this game where one guy has a mug on his head and the other guy has to fill his mug and run and fill the other guys mug ... two teams, and etc. with all of the other stuff going on during the game. It is so fun, and close to home! We also were treated to some awesome fireworks at the end ... everyone stays for that! Have a good week, Luv, Karen