Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Summer Night and Baseball with a Friend


Well, I dropped the ball tonight. I don't mean that literally. I forgot to bring my camera to the Indians game. I feel like my camera has been attached to me most of the summer. What was I thinking???? Not sure! I did the next best thing, I took a couple of pictures with my phone. Cheryl and I have wanted to get together and go to an Indians game all summer. We finally made it tonight. It was fireworks night but the fireworks got canceled. Lots of fires burning around here. That didn't disappoint us though. We got our food and made our way to the seats. We had great seats. Right behind home plate! Food consisted of pretzels, cheese, coke, and beer. Yum. I think the pretzel was Cheryl's dinner though. HMMM! You better eat something when you get home Cheryl! Cheryl and I talked and talked. We got caught up on life! Now I bet you are thinking we probably didn't see any of the game. Not true! We saw all the good plays. Women can multi task you know. We kept an eye on the game and we talked away. We saw the three home runs the Indians hit. Cheryl even knew that the same guy hit two of them. I missed that. We saw several good defensive plays and commented that there was a team in Seattle (that shall remain nameless) that could use some of the Indian's players. I was going to add that we knew the Indians won but I thought I better check the score just in case. We quietly left at the top of the ninth thinking the Indians had it in the bag. Not so. They lost buy one run. Glad I checked!

I drove home with the windows in my car down and listening to country music. It occured to me that I don't spend enough time outside in the evenings during the summer. There is nothing like a warm summer night! Peaceful and Relaxing. On the way home I thought about my friend Cheryl and how easy it is to talk with her. I can always count on her friendship no matter how often we get together. That is very special and I am very thankful for her!

No comments: