Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Birthday Number Three!

Layne turned 3 yesterday! The time goes so so fast. When her mom and dad asked her what she wanted to do for her birthday Chuck E. Cheese was the answer. If you don't know what that is I will tell you. A pizza parlor geared toward kids. Lots of games, kids, and fun. The kids get tokens and can put them in the games or rides and play, play, play. It was fun to go as a grandparent. Probably because as a grandparent you get the fun without the responsibility???

Even some of the adults got into the game playing. I am not sure who won this basketball game but there was some serious trash talking!
And of course Kristin and Layne had a little competition squirting water to make Barbie or Ken move in their cars! Layne looks pretty intense in the bottom picture. Maybe she has Kristin's competitive spirit!
For about the first hour of the party Layne and her cousins just ran from activity to activity. Once in a while Layne would stop and talk to her mom to get some more tokens. I had to steal her for a minute to get a picture with the two of us.

Of course there was food, presents, and cake complete with blowing out the candles!!!

There was even an appearance by Mr. Chuck E. Cheese himself. He got the birthday song going and paraded the kids around letting everyone know there was a birthday being celebrated.Happy Birthday Layne! We all love you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! She looks like Kristin in a lot of those pics!

Anonymous said...

AHHH ... the chuck e. cheese days!!! Alan and I are true veterans, as I think each of the kids had their birthday there at least once. Here in michigan, chuck e. is next door to Best Buy. Sometimes, I can catch the kids gazing over there when we go into Best Buy (perhaps wishing they could go again? maybe ;)) Now you're a veteran too. Looks like fun! Love ya, Karen

Anonymous said...

Oh!! Alan just reminded me that was used to call it "Vegas for Kids" haha, Luv K

Jackie Kaminski Gleason said...

Oh, I took the kids there when they were little too. Much better as a gma. I like the Vegas for Kids!

mmsnyder said...

I want Layne's hair. :) Looks like she had fun!!

Megan