Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hot Ride To Priest Lake

The temperature was supposed to get to about 98 degrees today. Some say that is too hot for a motorcycle ride. Not Mike and Jackie! We are tough as nails! I wanted to take this ride because last fall Mike, Shelly, Jim and I took the same ride. It was October and I have now named that ride "The Frozen Ride." I have never been so cold in my life. I wanted to do the same thing but be warm. Well, I was warm!!! The wheels started rolling about 9:30 AM. We met John and Arnie about 10:00. We headed north to Priest Lake, Idaho. It was about 100 miles to our lunch spot, Hills Resort. We took back roads as usual as far as we could. It was a beautiful ride. We arrived at the lake safe and sound. It was really getting warm. We ate lunch at the resort. We ate burgers, steak wraps, salad, fries, and more. We had a great view of the lake. Here are the boys and Jackie at the resort! Pretty serious group don't you think!I was standing near the lake taking this picture. It is the resort/restaurant! Absolutely beautiful.I brought my bathing suit thinking I would want to get in the water. Well, I really didn't want to take the time to put my suit on so I just splashed around in the water. Lake water is usually pretty cold but it was just right for splashing. It seemed to be getting a lot warmer outside.I took some pictures of the boat slips and the lake. I live in a really great place. Beautiful lakes are everywhere. This is just one of many.


Check out this little toy that was sitting on the shore of the lake! OK, now it is just hot! Does it look hot in the pictures? After some picture taking and water splashing Arnie and John decided to head home. We were headed out a few minutes later I thought. Mike saw someone he knew that was putting this fast, fast boat in the water. Mike was talking to his friend and I headed back to the motorcycles. It is really just hot now. I hear someone shouting Jackie! Jackie! It was Mike wanting me to take a boat ride. I don't like riding in boats so I declined. I don't feel good after I race around in the bouncy water and I just really don't like boat riding. I will take a canoe anytime! I was eventually persuaded? to go! Just as I thought I am not a boat person. One time Mike said look at the lake, it is so pretty. My eyes were closed! :-) We got up to 50 MPH in that boat. That isn't top speed for the machine either. Not fun for Jackie! It is amazing how 20 minutes can seem like 2 hours when you are not having a good time.

Next was the drive home. Have I mentioned it was hot? I wanted to be warmer than I was on "The Frozen Ride" and I got what I wanted. I had to get all my gear on! All the gear all the time. That is me. I have a mess jacket and mesh pants so the air goes through them, thankfully. That helps a lot! I just wanted to take the fast track home. It was about 3:30 at this point. We didn't take any back roads on the way home. As I turned on to Francis Ave about a mile from my house I saw the temperature. 100 degrees! I am sort of thinking that 100 degress might be too hot for a motorcycle ride now! I think I will name this ride "The Way Too Hot Ride."

No comments: