Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Friday, June 20, 2008

Leg Two Havasu Run

I started out from Twin Falls about 9 AM. Twin Falls is an hour ahead of Spokane. It was a bit overwhelming to think I had another 8 hours ahead of me. Once I got going though I got in the ZONE! I went through Salt Lake City and then Provo. The winter after I graduated from high school I drove from So. CA to Provo with a friend. She was going to school there and I was going to ski. We got in when it was dark. When I woke up and looked out the window there were these huge towering mountains right outside the door it seemed. Today when I went through Provo the mountains didn't seem as big but they are still very close. After Provo the drive was through the high desert. The highest elevation I saw was 6600 ft. I took a picture out the window! :-) I actually saw a speeder get caught today. A guy went by me probably going over 100 MPH. No blinkers when he changed lane or anything. Scary driving. About 5 miles up the road he was pulled over. Yippee. How many times to you see crazy drivers and wish there was an officer of the law around. This time there was one!

I finished this leg in St George, Utah. I drove about 8 hours today. I took some pictures of the Mormon Temples in St. George. Notice the red rock behind the first temple. This is the color of the soil all around the area. It is beautiful.


This water park is next to the second temple!

I watched license plates today! Hey, you have to do something when you drive! The farthest one was from Saskatchewan. That is pretty far away! I thought I had a long drive.

The hotel I am staying in has a pool. It is very hot so a dip in the pool is a strong possibility. I cruised around St. George just to check it out. I didn't get lost so that is a good thing. I found another Taco Bell for dinner. They didn't serve milk either. Weird. I guess it is a Taco Bell thing.
I will get to Havasu in the early afternoon tomorrow. Keri, Ryland, and Lucy will be there and I am excited to see them. I will be glad to have company for the ride back to Spokane.

Oh, by the way. I have seen no espresso shops since before Twin Falls. I did see a Starbucks sign in St. George but I didn't see the store. Must be around somewhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What time do you think you will be in Havasu? Good job on leg #2...you are almost to the finish line...then, you get to do it ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

Anonymous said...

You are taking beautiful pictures. See ya tomorrow. Yipee