Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Eagle Has Landed! Final Leg of the Havasu Run

I am sitting at the computer in my mom's house right now. Keri and Ryland are here too. I had about a 4 hour drive today. Most of it was hot, hot desert! The drive out of St. George was beautiful. Big desert mountains right up next to the road!


Well, after leaving those beautiful mountains came the desert. The dry hot desert. Whew!! I cannot imagine dealing with 120 degrees on a regular basis. Trip highlight was setting foot in California! Even though I would not trade living in Washington for a second California is home too. I got out and walked around so I could say I actually touched the soil in California! Silly but true! I stopped in Needles at the first off ramp. Guess what I was greeted with there? Higher gas prices than in Spokane! Check it out. As I traveled farther down the road the prices came down to around $4.00 a gallon. Still way too high. I have averaged about 40 miles to the gallon. If you have to pay that high price it is a good thing to get 40 miles to the gallon. My motorcycle would be even better! No motorcycle road trip this time! Finally Arizona! I was anxious to see everyone and knew Keri and Ryland would already be there.
Pictures of the family will come in my next post. Enjoy summer all you Washintonians. Mike's 83 degree motorcycle ride today sounds great. It is hot, hot here. Of course we have a nice pool to swim in. Time for a dip!

2 comments:

Patti said...

nice to see you made it safely Thelma!!!! I set foot in Cali today tooo!! YBS

Anonymous said...

Hi there Jackie and Lucy,

Sounds like you had a great trip. I hope that you felt that Bryce was worth the trip. You were so close to it, I didn't want to see you miss it. Glad you weren't exhausted from the drive that day, Jackie. And, I'm glad that you both have "landed" safely in Spokane. Your not missing a thing here except the freakin' heat. I'd stay up there until the end of September if I were you, Lucy. Again, glad you had a great road trip. Say hello to Mike. Talk to you soon.
Byron