Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Leg One of the Havasu Run

Well, I drove 550 miles today to Twin Falls, Idaho. I did fine but got a bit tired toward the end. I decided not to try and go all the way to Havasu tomorrow. I enjoyed the ride. It was beautiful!!! I found a oldies radio channel and that was fun. A lot of songs from the high school days. Rod Stewart, The Turtles, etc. I rocked out. The Snake River Canyon is beautiful. A geological wonder!!! I had Taco Bell for dinner. You know they don't serve milk at the Taco Bell here!!! Amazing. Gas is around $4.15 a gallon. Of course in Oregon you still can't pump your own gas. There is a breakfast at the hotel here. I will get up eat and start out on the road again. Leave a comment and I will check them tomorrow. Time to relax!



This is a statue of Ira Burton Perrine. He helped develop this nice town in the early 1900's!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive! Glad you made it safe and sound, enjoy the evening and see you on Saturday! I miss you too Mike. He He!

Jackie Kaminski Gleason said...

He he to you too! :-)

Katie said...

So this might be my new fav thing to do. Well training was crazy a lot of info to take in, in just 4 hours. Well I'm glad you made it safe. and I will update you on work as I know more. Its a cool drive once you get to see the river right!!
I miss you too Mike!!! He He He

Jackie Kaminski Gleason said...

Great Katie! Glad you like it! Keep me posted.