Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Parker Colorado Spring Break 2012

Saturday was a big day for a bunch of the family.  We were headed to Denver to see the aunts, uncles, cousins, grandma, sisters and daughters.  All three of my daughters together.  Couldn't wait!  I flew with Lucy, Layne and Kristin.  Lucy hugged the backpack even thought it was almost as big as her little body! 

Layne kept wanting to know if it was time to go yet and of course the plane was delayed.  Made the waiting harder!  We finally took off and headed to Denver.  After some giggling, running, and playing we all took off for Keri and Mark's curling playoffs in Denver.
I have a little point and shoot camera and it was difficult to get good pictures with it under the lighting and with the ice.  The colors are not great.  I tried to adjust but I just don't have Keri's eye! These people are part of the group waiting to get started.
 Keri gave us a tour of the rink and bar!

 Mark introduced us to his teammate, Mark.  Easy to remember his name!
 Ice preparation.
HMMM! Which broom to use?  Lots of choices.  I guess I was thinking I have to sweep at home and I wasn't quite sure I wanted to try a sport that involved more sweeping!  Sounded like work to me.
 Mark picked just the right broom I am sure!
 Ryland, Layne and I each tried to pick up the 45 pound rock.
The ice is still getting prepared.  They are spraying something on it for traction maybe?

 This lady is a National Champion curler.  She was very nice!

 The kids got to go out on the ice and get their pictures taken.  Cute!
 Kristin and I had to get in the action!
Katie was such a great aunt all weekend.  Here is a game of rock, paper, scissors that she is supervising.  Ryland kept doing the same thing so he got some coaching from Aunt KT!
 Getting ready to go.
Keri!  The superstar that got a bullseye during the competition.  It really is a game of strategy and skill.
 Mark is explaining the game to Ry!
Nice pose.  Don't know who this is but she looks like she knows what she is doing.  She wasn't moving so it was hard to tell if she was a pro or not.

 Ready with the brooms!


 Keri is ready for her turn to slide the rock.
 The kids were all fascinated!
 There it goes!

 It was so fun to watch these two get acquainted!  They talked like small adults!
 More sweeping.
We found a place to watch were there were french fries and drinks.  Best seat in the house! It was really fun to watch this.  It was very unique and harder than it seems when you watch it on TV.  I think Mark and Keri are on their way to the Olympics!

No comments: