Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Monday at the Denver Science Museum

I almost passed on this event.  I had been to Denver Science Museum before.  I decided to go and I am glad I did.  It was fun to watch the kids so curious about the things in the museum.  Almost everything I saw I hadn't seen the last time I was there.  Whew!  Good call to go Jackie! Our first stop was to visit an astronaut on Mars.  

 There she is.  The kids could ask questions using a microphone.


After sometime with the Mars astronaut we saw a demonstration of the universe.  Every dot of light on this display is a galaxy! Wow!
 The Milky Way galaxy is coming into view now.
 Hands on the Milky Way galaxy!
 Headed for our planets as we zoom in!

 Finally our sun! Amazing how big everything is!  Had to be created by God!
 Nice suit!  Wonder if any of the kids will ever wear one?


 Layne and planet earth!

Ok, this is the beginning of the Jackie is a Nerd section.  I love geology.  That was my minor in college! Could have spent hours reading everything in this section!  So cool.   I could have so easily been a geologist or a paleontologist. Fascinating.  I think I am right where I am supposed to be teaching!




 So cool!
Off to the body section of the museum.  You can put your hand under this light and see your veins.  This is Katie!
 This is my old hand!
 A little ledge climbing to see how strong you are!

 Pretty strong kids!

 Katie joined in the action!
 Wildlife.  These animals are huge.  I would not want to meet one in the woods!

 The big boys!
 Layne and Lucy knew just how to call an elk!
 The kids got to feel the fur of the buffalo here.  That is what they are doing!

 A baby mountain lion
 Lucy took this picture.  A future photographer maybe?
Kristin was trying out the deer ears.  Hear like they hear!  It was a little perplexing how to wear them!
 Hmmm!  How do these work?
 Wolves!  They are beautiful.

 A view of Denver!
Try explaining to a little one what a mummy is...you could see the teeth of this person because about 100 years ago someone unwrapped the head.  Yes, there is a body inside there gang.  No bad dreams that night though.
For the most part these are real dinosaur bones.  Sometimes the bones are too heavy to put on display so they replace them with lighter replicas.  We learned that when they were building Coors baseball stadium they found a dinosaur skeleton at home plate.  It is here and named Dinger! Can't remember which one it is.  That slowed the building of the stadium for sure.
 Dinosaurs were big! Understatement?  Perhaps.
This guy has a chunk out of his tail.  The explanation from the worker was it was bitten by a t-rex.  Lucky dino!
 Listening and learning.
 There is the chunk out of the tail close up style!

 I think this was a mastodon foot.  Or wooly mammoth!
 One big snake!  Glad it is dead.
This replica of an anaconda was on the floor for the kids to try and pick up.  Teamwork got it up but just for a second.  One big snake!
 See the slithery thing in the corner!

It was just about time to go.  While we waited for the big kids Katie did a little story time for the little ones.  They were totally enthralled.
 Watch out Katie and Keri!
 Dinner time and it was make your own pizza.  Fun!
After the kids went to bed the electronics came out.  Kristin learned how to play Draw Something.  She was playing her sisters and my good friend Cheryl.  Everyone was doing something on an electronic devise.  There was lots of laughter for sure.  When these girls get together there is always a lot of laughing!
Tomorrow is another day.  Jammed packed with fun.  Good night for now!

No comments: