Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

St Paddy's Five Miler 2010

A chilly winter (it's not spring yet) morning in Spokane, WA. Perfect day for a little exercise. The St. Paddy's Five Miler fit in perfectly to our training schedule for the CDA 1/2 marathon! It was about 28 degrees when I left my house to meet the rest of the gang. BRRRRR!
Wendy had her head decorated nicely and Cheryl brought us all necklaces to wear.
There is this bathroom thing that happens to you just before a race starts. I had an attack of "I must use the restroom" first. We were by 1st Pres. (my church) so a few of us trotted in there to use the restrooms. I discovered the attack was all in my head. But we were nicely greeted by, "Top of the morning to you ladies" by one of the church goers. I guess it was all the green that gave us away. Attack number two was Deanna. Here she is in action trying to find the restrooms at the race. Hers was in her head too. Lines were too long and she was fine without the pit stop. Probably too much info but...
It was cold! How do people do this? Really! Shorts!
I think this was Deanna and Wendy's warm-up. I am not really sure because they didn't move during their warm-up. I guess different things work for different people. Notice the cell phone in the hand! I think she was texting and warming up. She's got skills!
Race numbers blasted the size of t-shirt you wanted. We decided we would all get smalls next time so we could see an "S" on our number. :-)
This was the fashion statement of the day.
The girls walked close by so I could pretend that I was taking a picture of them. Cold...not to mention other things.
We always get creative pictures of Wendy. Her ears were cold before the race and she warmed them up with her gloves. We decided we should make of facebook page of all the pictures we have of Wendy that are a bit off center. You could call become fans! She knows how to have fun!
Dick...a friend from church who was not at church today because he was running. I missed church too. :-( He wasn't quite sure who was taking a picture of him until I poked my head out from behind the camera. Nice job smiling even when he thought a stranger was taking his picture.
The runners!
The walkers.
Part of the crowd!
We found Patty at the start line and we saw her again at the finish line. She was cheering us on!
Patriotism!
I think this little one was the youngest runner there. At one point she was ahead of us. How did that happen we thought? Dad must have helped. She is a Zags fan and a runner! Teaching her early and right!
Beautiful route along the Spokane River! No spring leaves yet but we are close!

One of the runners had a problem. She was OK. We diagnosed her as we walked by. Asthma attack. Thank you doctors Gilbert, Overman, and Gleason. Actually, I think Gilbert was the first to diagnosis and Overman and Gleason were second opinions.
More lovely scenery!
The end and the crowds were starting to gather for the prizes!
The walkers time. Not bad for walking. Nice brisk 5 mile walk!
We won! Yippee!
The prize giver! Lots of prizes for shoes, pizza, socks, sweatshirts, etc. We were hoping to win one of the big prizes. $500.00! They gave two $500.00 prizes away and none of us won. We should have though.
More people thinking they were going to be $500.00 richer today.
Now the good stuff. Our traditional coffee run. We added lunch to this run!
We ended up at the Rocket Bakery in downtown Spokane. Yummy sandwiches and lots of other stuff.
In honor of St. Patrick we all painted our nails green. Lovely don't you think!
Here comes the food. We were all ready for this! Hungry!

Cheers to another successful outing! We are missing Deanna...she had to pick up her son but she would have been cheering with us if she were there!
The bloggers who take way more pictures than people really want us to. Thanks for putting up with us!
THE END!

No comments: