Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Monday, March 29, 2010

Parker for the Day

Got up this morning to a beautiful, sunny day. The high today was 67 degrees. I took a nice 3 mile walk and tested out how the higher altitude made me feel. Testing it out for the Rock and Roll 1/2 marathon in Denver next fall. Not bad. When I got back to the house the plan was to hang out in Parker today. First stop was the wildlife museum. Cool place for kids! Ryland made friends with the local fox! A Ram! I love the Rams that is for sure. This one is about as active as the Rams that play on the football field.
The local wolves!
Ryland posed with the buffaloes. They were life size! Big!
I discovered this bear peering down at us!
Roar!!
Watch your fingers Ryland!
I think Cougars are one of the most beautiful animals on Earth! I have never seen one in the wild thankfully.
Lots of fun things for Ryland and Easton!
Here the kids had to work together and try and move like a caterpillar!
There was a play room for the little ones like Easton. Easton has sharing down. He wants to give everything he has to someone. Such a nice little boy!

Easton got to build a beaver dam!
After the museum we stopped and got some lunch and then it was back home to rest up for the next fun activity. Bowling. Mike stayed back at the ranch to work on his Bible study. We missed him but had a great time anyway! Ryland and Mark were a team and Keri and I were a team. Ryland keeps his hands in the air until the ball makes contact with the pins.
Total concentration!

What technique these two have! Stars!

Mark is passing on his technique to his son!

Break time! Bowling takes a bunch of energy so a snack is helpful to keep the energy level up!
If Easton could have picked up a ball and rolled it down the lane he would have. Maybe next year Easton!
There was an arcade at the alley. When I was in high school I was a champ at this game. Of course the game wasn't colored pink then. We would play and play down at Balboa Island. The Fun Zone if I remember correctly. Keri beat me on this outing. I guess I am a bit out of practice.
Ryland got to smash some sharks.
My brother and his family came over for dessert tonight. One minor detail they hadn't eaten dinner. I guess we should have planned to feed them. My brother, Steve, had just started a new job! We had a great visit and it was good to see them all!

No comments: