Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

There isn't any snow!

People in Spokane think there is no snow for skiing. Lets just keep it that way. Can't blame them. On the way up to the hill this morning it looked like spring with zero snow. Off in the distance there was a hint of the white stuff!
Getting closer! I am getting excited. What a beautiful "no hat" day. A "no hat" day is a sunny warm day when you don't even have to wear a hat.
Here I am! Chewelah Peak with a lot of snow and sunshine. Perfect combination. I couldn't be happier!
Nice corduroy snow at the base of the mountain. Love the way it sounds under my skis!
No lift lines. Love skiing in Washington!
No crowds on the hill!
Or in the lodge. I was early and a few more people showed up but never a lift line or a crowd anywhere!



Serious snow on the top of Chewelah Peak!



No one in front of me!

Only a few people behind me. This is God's creation at it finest in my mind. Peaceful, quiet, beautiful and grand!
This is one of many cow bells hidden here and there at 49. Love to zoom by and try to hit it with my pole without hitting the tree!
My day was cut a little short. About 1:30 I skied down from the top. When I got to the bottom I wondered why there was a line at the lift???? HMMM. I saw the lift wasn't moving. The people below are just patiently waiting for the lift to go. Waited a few minutes...still not moving and then I noticed none of the lifts were moving. Decided the lodge would be good. After a few more minutes I heard that there was a problem down the mountain. I decided to pack up and head home.
It was a fabulous ski day. Nice to take a break from the snowboard! I am not giving it up. Not even close!

No comments: