Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday! Who Dat!

Sunday just couldn't get here fast enough for me. I was so excited to watch the Super Bowl! About 15 of our friends would be joining us at the house. We decked the house out in Saints colors and put some of Steve's pictures and game balls around for an extra Saint's touch! The food had arrived from Louisiana earlier in the week. Mike was very excited to cook the alligator legs, the crawfish, red beans and rice, and boudin. Yum Yum!


Cajun Swamp Chicken!

Gotta get the outside decorated!

Katie was ready to go flashing those pearly whites!
And sporting a Gleason game jersey!
Our friends Mike and Marianne were the first to arrive on game day. Look at what they brought with them! A Who Dat cake!
Marianne and I posed for a couple of pictures! This was getting more exciting my the minute for me!
Mike and Marianne with their Who Dat shirts!
Mike Gleason put Mike W. to work cutting up some yummies for the group!
Marianne always jumps in and helps with a smile on her face!
Mike had prepared the alligator legs and is getting ready to cook them up! Have you ever had alligator? It has the texture of chicken but tastes different of course. It is good!
More people started arriving and Cheryl and I got our traditional picture of each other!
Me, Sheila and Cheryl sporting our Saints colors. More excitement building for me. I could hardly stand it!
All the rest of the gang is here. I had been bugging Susan about eating alligator all week. She was not going to eat alligator, not even a taste. I think she is checking the table out to make sure she knew exactly where the little alligator legs were! There would be no mistake eating!
Still looking for those legs!
Crawfish etouffee was on the menu!
The Gleason's with the Big Guy in the background.
Jackie, Mike, Marianne, and Mike!
The legs are done! Mike wanted to have all the food ready before the game started so we could watch every second of the game. I think at this point it was getting hard for me to breathe, I was so anxious!
Ready, set, game time. I took a lot of pictures before the game but not many during. I was actually shaking I was so excited and anxious. Too focused on the game to take many pictures. I missed a lot of great cheering pictures.

See Marianne so peacefully sitting in this chair. This is a chair that normally stays in the basement. Good place for it! Not the best chair we own. All of a sudden there was a crash and Marianne was on the floor. Not hurt thankfully! Check out the chair in the next picture.
Crack!
Susan and Cheryl enjoying a relaxing moment! There weren't many once the game started!
Getting some of that yummy food!
These guys look they are waiting their turn for the food. There was plenty to go around. We had our food and everyone else brought eats to share! Wow!
John and Elaine, friends from church, joined us. We were happy to have them for sure. The more the merrier! Elaine is a spirited fan!
Then the local new channel showed up. KXLY. Mike had called them and said he was Steve Gleason's dad. Around Spokane everyone knows Steve played for the Saints. Mike told the news people about the Louisiana food we were having and they were on their way to our house. We practiced the Who Dat cheer before the news camera got to our house. Mike was the instructor and I think we did him proud for the camera!
Derek and Mike smiling for a different camera. Derek had a big plate of our chow. The news clip was on the 6 o'clock news but I really don't think anyone saw it. They were all watching the Super Bowl. We recorded it. Fun having the news show up! Glad the house was clean!
I don't know how I got through my whole picture taking without a picture of Deanna! I did see one picture of her but she was way in the background. Next time Deanna! Here is her son with his unique viewing style!
Mark and Sheila! Go Saints!
This picture is right before Susan got cranked up. The best cheerleader ever! She got us all swinging our beads and things started to happen! The Saints were movin' and scoring! She even caused the Colts field goal attempt to go right. OK everyone she said...lean left! We did and so did the field goal kick!
Good things are happening and we are starting to feel a Saints victory. Could it really happen? We held our breath!
Well, not all of us held our breath! Susan is still cheerleading. She was running around the room giving high fives!!!! Yahoo!
Not much time left now! And what happened! The interception and run back for a TD! There was jumping and screaming and hugging and more jumping and screaming and hugging. Maybe even a few tears!
10,9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... it's over and the Saints are Super Bowl Champs. So much celebration and the chant...Who Dat, Who Dat, Who Dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints!!! Who Dat, Who Dat, Who Dat...what a great game. We were all so happy for the Saints! Couldn't have been a better Super Bowl!

Thanks to Mike for cooking all the food and thanks to our good friends that helped us celebrate. You all made the day better for Mike and me! Can't wait until next year!

No comments: