Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Saturday, October 13, 2012

ALS WALK 2012 Walking for Stephen

Well, here is part of the gang that walked for Team Gleason.  A thank you to Jennifer Doolittle who rounds up the Gonzaga Prep crowd.  Today we were walking for my stepson Stephen Gleason who has ALS.  He is living his life to the fullest and is a great example for others. God bless you SKEVE!

 Here I am with the prep kids again.  Jennifer Doolittle is on the left side of this picture in red.

 The Gonzaga Prep seniors!
 Here is the whole gang before the walk.  I just can put into words how much I appreciate my friends.  Not only do they come to walk to support Stephen they were so there for me when I had my ruptured brain aneurysm.  I am blessed to be able to walk in this.  Miracles still happen everyone.
 This picture was supposed to be the silly face picture.  Hmmmm. It looks the same as the other one.
 The best friends a girl could ever have.  Love you all.
 I got added to the picture.
 The walk is on!


 Hi Freida, Aimee, and Kristen
 Isn't she beautiful!!!
 Some of the Gonzaga Prep kids.  I so appreciate you coming to walk with us.  Stephen will love these pictures.


 Sheila and Freida

 I think I was praying here and thanking God for my friends, family and life.  :-) OK maybe I just closed my eyes but I do pray that very thing often.

 Sarah Hattenburg and kids.  Thanks for being there for Stephen and our family.
 Jennifer and Kelly.  Somehow they got ahead of us.  I think they knew there were Oreo cookies at the turn around so they walked faster.
 Love this family!  They have been so supportive of me.  Thanks!


 This is Jenny.  She met Stephen at Gleason Gras West.
 You two are precious.
 We finished and we didn't even take a short cut.  Not that I would do something like that.
 As I walked back to my car alone I got such an overwhelming sadness that came over me.  It was such a fun event and I got to see my friends and we laughed a lot and talked up a storm.  Made some new friends too that shared their stories with me.  The reality of why we were walking hit me hard.  I just got teary.  I pray for those who have ALS.  I want a cure.  I am sad that anyone has to deal with this disease.  I pray for Stephen everyday and for the others too.

We did stop for our traditional coffee but I had to order and run.  I had a dog to take to training.  True!

No comments: