Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Trot 09

Well, I am sitting at my computer after a big Thanksgiving dinner and two pieces of pumpkin pie. I know one thing. I did not trot enough in the Turkey Trot today to work off all I ate. Should have gone around the course at least two more times! Maybe next year. So I think the Turkey Trot is officially and Thanksgiving tradition for Cheryl and I. This is number two for us together. Couldn't think of a better person to spend Thanksgiving morning with!
The Turkey Trot includes a food drive for the local food bank!
This year there were a lot more people than last! It was warmer this year. About 35 degrees. Last year we had toe warmers in our shoes and hand warmers in our gloves! I think we sat in the car until the last minute last year but not this year! We were out with the crowds.
Not as many costumes to view this year! This turkey was about all we saw!
The route is up on the South Hill in Spokane. Beautiful scenery and beautiful homes!Trotters head of us, behind us and across from us!
Almost done.
There were drawings for prizes after the race. We assumed you had to buy raffle tickets since they were yelling out numbers. We must have missed the memo before the race started because we had no tickets! And we got no prizes!
People were hanging around to see what they won!

But we headed over the river and through the woods to make it home for some turkey and pumpkin pie!
Screeech! Starbucks. Coffee is a must after a long walk in the park. Lots of people had the same idea!
We were fueled for the rest of the day!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am so thankful for my friend Cheryl and my family. I miss my mom way too much but I am thankful she is in heaven with her Lord. Maybe she had Thanksgiving dinner with Mike's dad, Jack. I hope so!

No comments: