Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Leavenworth and Relaxing

Mike planned a get-a-way to Leavenworth, WA. He knew I need to get away and relax after the death of my mom and being sick for 2+ weeks. He was right! It was so nice to see all the wonderful scenery and just be away with him. So relaxing. Leavenworth is about 175 miles west of Spokane. It is a little town decked out as a Bavarian city. Lots of shopping and beautiful scenery. On the way there are a lot of orchards. This is an orchard from a distance and all the leaves on the trees have turned a golden orange color. More beautiful fall colors. A gorgeous day!


We stayed at the Bavarian Lodge. Beautiful rooms and it was right across the street from the shops! I am not a big shopper at least for long periods of time but it was fun to stroll through them.
We left on Halloween morning and Mike's birthday. It is tradition on my side of the family to have tacos on Halloween. So we headed right for the Mexican restaurant in the Bavarian city. Mike is taking a sip of my yummy drink.
Maybe not tacos but close! So good!
The horse drawn buggy waiting for some riders.
The Gleasons taking a break from shopping!
The horse and buggy found some passengers!
This is the shopping/tourist area. I am standing outside our hotel taking the picture! Close!!!!
I found out that the hotel was haunted. I don't think anyone knew this interesting fact about this hotel until I snapped a picture of the lobby. I captured a ghost. Look closely in the lower right corner of the picture. No mistaking it...that is a ghost!
No ghost in this picture!
Beautiful hotel lobby! I was so lucky to snap the ghost in the other picture. It didn't show up again.

There was a bear in the lobby but it wasn't real like the ghost. Stuffed!
Mike snapped a picture of the front of the Bavarian Lodge!
The Leavenworth sign just in case there was doubt that we were in Leavenworth! :-)
God's handiwork!
Mike is God's handiwork too. He is wonderful for planning this trip and taking such good care of me! I am a lucky girl to have such a great hubby. Thanks Mike!
Would you kiss that dirty ol' bear!!! I would kiss the one on the right!!!!
Loved the weekend! Thanks Mike!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have eaten at that same Mexican joint...it was pretty good, if I recall. Wow, a haunted hotel, that looked like a SCARY ghost!!

Cheryl said...

I am glad you got away and it looks like you had a good time...and you even had a drink! You were very daring!

The Accidental Bavarian said...

We also love Leavenworth and are from Spokane. In fact we love it so much, we've created a website to tell people about it.

http://www.accidentalbavarian.com