Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Rock and Roll Seattle from a Distance

Well, this year I have missed two 1/2 marathons that I have signed up for.  The Windermere...I was in New Orleans visiting Steve, Michel and Rivers.  The Rock and Roll Seattle...Cruisin' for a Cause for Team Gleason was on the same day (today).  Great motorcycle ride to be blogged later.  My friends have been taking pictures of their adventure in Seattle for me to blog!  Here goes.  This was the second stop along with way.  Deanna, Sheila, and Mandy rode together.  Guess where the first stop was.  Same place in a different town.  Some things just become traditions and they can't be helped.  
Sheila hasn't even raced and she already won a medal!  Marathon skee ball champ!  I can tell she is tickled pink about this medal.  See the guy on the right hand side of the picture toward the back?  Blue shirt...Don't tell Sheila he has a handful of medals! We are happy for you Sheila. Wear it proudly!
Charlie the Tuna, Sheila and Deanna!  I don't think I have ever had my picture taken with a fish.  Great blog moment ladies!
 Wow and yum!!!!  Mandy is that you?
I forgot to rotate this picture before I imported it but I thought it was appropriate to leave it this way.  This is a wild door to the hotel the gang stayed in.  Hard to sleep in this room I bet!
 Inside looks like it is just as wild!  Wow, when you open your eyes in the AM I bet you are jolted out of bed.
 These are all the goodies they got at the trade show!  They said they made a killing there.
Sheila got her Rock and Roll Seattle jacket!  Lookin' good Sheila!  Now there are three orange R and R jackets in the EAOD.
 I got to follow the race (oh, sorry I used the race word)via text messages sent when one of the ladies went over a strip that read their chip.  When I stopped on my motorcycle and checked I knew where they were in the event (not a race).  More pictures are coming but they did send me one from the stop they made on the way home.  Starbucks.   I think Starbucks should sponsor the Elite Athletes Only Different.  Don't you?
More pictures!  Here they are.  This is the start line of the race.  Looks like they are rain free for the moment.
 Nice inspiring line up here!
 They ladies ran through three tunnels!  I think being in a tunnel might make me go a bit faster.  Looks spooky!
 Ahh the prizes for the finishers!  The shirt...it is all about the shirt and the medal...now it is all about the medal too. Congratulations.  I missed not being there and participating but thanks for the pictures so I could blog your event!

No comments: