Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Washington State University

This was a first for Mike and I. We went to the WSU signing party and learned about all the new recruits for Cougar football.  It was so much fun.  Got to see a lot of old friends and we made some new ones too.  Looks like the coming football season could be a good one for the Cougs. We sat with Craig and Barbie who are big Cougar supporters.  Barbie and I grabbed Butch for a picture.
Team Gleason was represented at the event.  Even Butch got in the act.  The t-shirts were selling fast.
 Butch snapped this picture of me. 
 Ah the self portrait that always turns out so good.  ICK!
 Two Team Gleason supporters!
 Rian Emmerson was a big part of this event.  A Cougar alumni and friend to the family.
 Mike and Rian
Rian got an award for her work with the Alumni Association.  Nice job Rian.  She is in the picture on the right.  I tried to get close enough so the picture would turn out but I was still too far away.
Go Team Gleason.  We were introduced at the beginning of the party and many people came up to us afterwards with kind words for Stephen and our family.  Sometimes that is really hard and I can hardly hold it together but it was good last night.  We felt very supported but the Cougars.
 Craig and Barbie!
One person asked us to autograph his jersey.  I had to take a picture because it was a first and probably a last.  Mike said you really want Stephen's autograph and the guy said yes but I can't get that so I want both of you.  Funny!
We waited in line to meet the new coach Mike Leach.  Hopefully, he can make a difference and turn things around down in Pullman!
This is Mike's friend Darren with Coach.  You might want to ask Mike about his little bet with Darren!  haha
Buddies of the Gleason's, Ryan Durgan and a former teammate of Stephen's Billy Newman.
We had a great night.  It was fun to cheer on the Cougars and feel hopeful for a New Year.  They really supported Stephen with the sales of Team Gleason shirts.  That was so good to see.  Here's to a great football season next fall and GO COUGS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS to Rian!!! GO COUGS!!!

Couggal44 said...

It was great to see you guys too! Go Cougs!!