Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Spring Dash CDA 2011

Notice the name of this event. The Spring Dash. It was on April 17th. See those little white dots that drifted into my car. SNOW. Can you believe it???? Needless to say it was a cold morning. We had so much fun despite the snow!!!
Sheila and I got to the Dash to pick up our packets very, very early! We were just following directions but we could slept longer and still gotten there in time for packets. We had over an hour to wait for the starting gun. As you will notice in the picture below. We are sitting in my warm car (you can see part of the hood). Those other people that were out in the cold are nuts! Get someplace warm! Our decision was to stay in the car until about 5 minutes before race time. We managed to fill our time with lots of good conversation and laughter!

We have finally ventured outside the car and joined the crazy people who by this time were pretty much ice cubes.
Here we are all bundled up and getting ready to go. We are smiling because we were smart and stayed in the warm car. Surely, we could zoom right past the ice cubes.
Lots of people participated. Coeur d alene is such a beautiful city!

Coming up to the finish line! We made it. 5 miles in the books.
The exercise gang we hang out with have a tradition. I think Cheryl and I got that started. We go get coffee after the race. There was coffee place that looked out over the streets of CDA and the lake was off to our right. Sheila and I agreed that this was the best americano we have ever had. Great espresso. No bitter taste at all. Muffins A +! Yum! I can't wait to do another race in CDA so I can go there again.
Fun day with my training buddy Sheila. So it begins! Triathlons, bike rides, walks and fun!

No comments: