Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Monday, September 8, 2008

Mariners 5 Yankees 2

It was an early morning Sunday. The alarm rang at 4:40 AM. Well, three alarms rang at 4:40. My phone and two on my alarm clock. I didn't want to miss the bus! At 6 AM we headed to First Presbyterian Church to meet about 40 others for a bus ride to Seattle and a Mariners game. I didn't hold out much hope for a victory for the Mariners but I love the game and making new friends so I was very excited to go. I have left to go skiing before sunrise but I don't think I have ever left for a baseball game before sunrise! Three people forgot to bring their tickets with them to the bus. Oh NO! Our organizers had three extra tickets if you can believe that. Coincidence? I think not.
On the way over many slept, others read, visited, or listened to music. I did all of those things. I took some pictures out the bus window of the scenery on the way too.

When we got to the stadium I could hardly wait to get out of the bus. I just wanted to run around the stadium! Safeco field is such a neat place! We didn't go right into the stadium. We took pictures with a couple of the players. :-)

Then into the stadium. I love getting to see batting practice and the mystery Mariners were still batting. I say that because I didn't recognize one of the players taking batting practice. We walked all around the stadium looking at the field. It might sound silly but I can actually feel my heart beating when I first get inside a ball park.


We had plenty of time before the game started and I was hungry. Can you guess what I had to eat? No there is no Taco Bell at Safeco.

But we found the next best thing! Tortilla Junction! Yum. Yum. Life is good. Baseball and tacos!
Here is a picture of downtown Seattle from the stadium.I got pictures of a couple of big dog players. Ichiro of course doing his famous sleeve pull. I think his sleeve gets in the way of his swing??? Another former Mariner Big Dog, Alex Rodriguez. He still gets a round of BOO'S for leaving Seattle the way he did. Let it go people!
Safeco field has a retractable roof. It was open today but it can be closed with a push of a button. The weather was great so the roof was open.The highlight of the game was the score!!! Yippee!! The Mariners won! What a treat. It was great to see a victory especially against the Yankees. The game went so fast I was ready to watch a double header but there was no second game to watch. So we all trudged back to the bus. We headed out and our dinner stop was in Ellensburg. I can't remember the name of the place where we ate but it was quite unique. Check it out.



As I was taking pictures of the restaurant I noticed this guy at a home across the street. He was sort of hidden. He wasn't out in front of the house where everyone could see him. HMM! He is very, very, large!The ride home went fast because after eating another taco dinner and a chocolate milk shake I slept! Great thing to do after a big meal!!! It was a great time meeting new people from church and visiting with friends we already knew. The game was fun! Another great outing! Life is good!!

6 comments:

T said...

There is nothing better than a baseball game at safeco...especially with the roof open and the m's win!

Anonymous said...

You need to count how many pics you have in front of the ballplayers on the outside of Safeco Field. :-) Sunny in Seattle...nothing can beat that!!!

Jackie Kaminski Gleason said...

Two pics with players. I changed the wording. Is that what you meant???

Jackie Kaminski Gleason said...

Keri had to explain her comment to me. Every time I go to Safeco I take pictures with the player murals. She said I have over 20 pictures like that which is probably true!! Even have some from Dodger Stadium.

Anonymous said...

Jackie, Alan's brother (the Seattle policeman) works at Safeco authenticating the equipment. He gets into the press box all of the time. Let me know next time you go, and maybe I can hook you up with some "behind the scenes" at Safeco. He took Alan in February. I will try and send the pics to you ... Alan was totally impressed!
The taco salad looks yum! Luv u, K

Anonymous said...

hi mrs,gleason I love the mariners